Send message to Shelia Phillips

M. V. Clerks
Send message to Shawna Clark
Send message to Patti Chumbly

Courthouse, 1st Floor
111 N 2nd Ave.
Logan, IA 51546

Hours of Operation
Mon. - Fri.
7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

(712) 644-2144
(712) 644-2057

Other Websites of Interest

Motor Vehicle Dept.
Driver License
Property Tax
Responibilities Registration

Motor Vehicle Department

The Iowa Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Iowa's 99 county treasurers, has implemented a 10-year license plate replacement cycle. The Iowa DOT is implementing a new license plate design; the design of the replacement plates will be the same as the currently issue plates.

License Plate
Rather than replacing all Iowa plates in one year, as has been done in the past, the Iowa DOT is implementing a “rolling” replacement cycle replacing ONLY those plates that have reached an age that is beyond the usual lifespan for a plate. License plate replacement will occur at the time of annual registration. This process will replace plates that are too old, without wasting money by replacing plates that are not.

You may return your old plates to our office for recycling, however this is not required.

Motor Vehicles Renewals May Now Be Done Online at

You are not eligible to renew online unless you received a renewal notice through the US Postal Service that contains a PIN number for online renewals.  Apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal.

Iowa State County
Treasurers Association

Many forms used in the Tax, Motor Vehicle, and Driver License Departments may be accessed and printed at this website.  You may also pay property taxes online.  Click on the link to the left and follow the instructions.  Payments may be made with Discover, MasterCard, Visa and by e-Check.  Click on the ISCTA logo at the left for answers to commonly asked questions.
Back to top

The Motor Vehicle Department handles the following responsibilities:

Back to top

Motor Vehicle Registration

Last Updated: 20 March, 2015  Any problems with this page should be reported to the Send message to webmaster.